Friday, November 16, 2012

Working Mom

Next week I will be returning to work. I can't believe my maternity leave is over, but our bank account is evidence that it's time to go back to work.

A few weeks ago, I was devastated just thinking about leaving my girl. Truthfully, we still aren't 100% sure where Juliet will go while I work (we have a weird schedule... it's like a complicated tango), but things will work themselves out. I think I'm about as mentally prepared as I can be, but I am definitely sad to leave her. What if I miss her first words or her first steps? What if something happens and I'm not there to soothe her? If I dwell on these questions too much, I'll never be ok with returning to work.

So instead, I focus on the positive things...
Returning to a wonderful department of wonderful people who I can honestly call friends.
Being able to wake up early and be productive and interact with lots of adults each day.
Picking up my baby each afternoon and seeing her adorable smile and appreciating it so much more.
Helping provide for our little family.

We are very blessed, and I feel so fortunate to work for such an amazing company! More importantly, I have a beautiful and happy baby and a supportive and loving husband. I have no right to complain about anything!



1 comment:

Erika said...

Going back to work is hard but possible! Good attitude that you have :)