Monday, November 02, 2009

Hematoma

I had a traumatic experience donating plasma on Friday (Yes.. I am a sick individual who sells body fluids...). Ever since I had the swine flu (I waited a couple of weeks before I donated again), they've had trouble finding my used-to-be-very-dominant vein. Friday was no exception. The phleb person was sticking me and he called someone over and they were talking about some H word... but then he said it was probably ok.... even though my arm was hurting super bad. So, he came back over only after a minute, and pulled out the needle because the blood was escaping into my arm. So, he moved to the other arm, stuck me... and dug the needle around trying to find a vein. At this point I wanted to scream and run away. He pulled it out and said I was done for the day... Hallelujah! I came home and started bawling to Jed. It was really scary... and I don't want to go back. ever. until my vein reappears at least.

Check out this scary Hematoma!



The pictures don't even give it justice. Sick.

6 comments:

Autumn said...

All I have to say is EW! Glad you're okay though.

Angel said...

I have done that loads of times and one time this happened to me except i donated anyway so my arm was angled up and so the blood ran down the outside of my vein so my bruise was a perfect live of my vein up my arm. lol

Tony Pipes & Emma Brinkerhoff said...

that's the worst i've ever seen! too bad you didn't have it before Halloween, you could've used it to your advantage!

Annika said...

AH!! Brett's sister got a big Hematoma when she delivered her baby....except it was down by her...you know where! She couldn't even walk because of it.

Lindsay Anne said...

dang it!!! just when I was getting the guts to give it another go. haha.

Sarah said...

Oh dear! Yikes!
Is it gone yet?