Thursday, October 29, 2009

Pumpkin Patch

About a week ago, Just Jed (it's been just about a year since he got home from his mission) and I joined our ward in visiting a semi-local (about 35 minutes away in Santaquin) pumpkin patch and farm. First of all, we had bad directions and got lost. But other people in our ward had the same directions, so we found each other and slowly made our way to the big red barn and hopped on a crammed hayride! It was lovely. The sky was rapidly darkening, and it was getting pretty cold, but you know I loved it anyway. So we got to the patch and all of the couples darted off in different directions trying to find the perfect pumpkin. Jed was really cute. He would find a good one, pick it up, and tell me why it was good. We would assess it.. then he'd carry it around until we found an even better one. Then he'd drop the old one and pick up the new one... he'd tell me why this one was perfect, then we'd assess it together. It was really fun. We ended up picking a tall one and a short fat round one. I told him he was the tall one.... and well, I was the other one. ;)
Eventually, we all loaded back on the hayride (which included no hay at all), and headed to the big red barn, which is where you pay for your pumpkins. As we were walking to the car to get our money, I said.. "Jed, I would be totally ok with not buying these." and He said he felt the same way. So after all that hard work, we just left the pumpkins on a bale of hay with some pumpkin friends. We just didn't want to spend the measly $5. We are slightly pathetic.
Also, 5,000 people asked us if we were feeling better. It made me feel loved.
After all, the fun part is picking the pumpkins out, right?

This is jed walking around with "the perfect pumkin"
We thought these were the ones...

Then we thought these were the ones!
But theeeese ended up being the ones!
And THIS guy is MY one and only!

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh so fun! I'm glad you went looking for pumpkins, even if you didn't buy them! :) Adam and I ended up buying some from the store a few hours before our "carve a pumpkin" halloween dinner with a family in our ward. We're lame like that! :)

Anonymous said...

fun fun! i wish Tony and I had done something like that. have you carved the pumpkins, yet?

Dana said...

FUN! This really made me want to go pumpkin hunting! Looks like it was coldddd though. Hate to rub it in. . .but its about 80 degrees here today :) so its kind of hard to get into the Halloween spirit.

Casi Bludorn said...

Jonathan and I didn't buy any pumpkins this year either. You are totally right, picking them out is the fun part. And PS, I can't believe he's been home a year. That's crazy. You are going to start having a bunch of 1 year anniversaries. first kiss, proposal, wedding, everything! How Exciting!

Sarah said...

hahahaha! I love you two SO much!

April said...

I love you guys! Miss you tons! Love the pumpkins!!!

Anne Pearson Photography said...

OH MY...I miss you guys. You both have some of the funniest personalities and sense of humor. Why can't everyone be like you? Just asking...