Wednesday, January 06, 2010

Bread

In my high school sociology class, we one watched a documentary on socioeconomic status. One portion of the film included the idea that the type of break you eat shows where you stand when it comes to socioeconomic status.
The rich (like "old money" anglo-saxans) love fancy bread that I can't even pronounce. They took the same $10 loaf that this rich lady loved, and tried to give it away at a homeless shelter. No one would take it. They only wanted plain white bread.
It was really interesting.
I'd love to watch it again, but I have NO idea what it's called or where it came from.
Does anyone have ANY idea?

1 comment:

Brian and Heather said...

It's called "People Like Us" It was a PBS special. It's what got me interested in sociology, unfortunatly its like $100 or so to acutally buy. :(