Thursday, January 28, 2010

VITA

...Volunteer Income Tax Assistance.

This is what I do every wed. from 6-9pm. No, I'm not a business major. No, I don't have a lot of experience with taxes. No, this isn't for a class.

I am doing this... just because. I studied SO hard, and passed the basic test last night (which is the hardest one because it entails so much, but now I need to do the intermediate and advanced tests). I am reeeeeeeeeally proud of myself, because now I get to help people in my community by completing their taxes.
Anyway, if you need someone to do your taxes, there are VITA locations all of the country. My location actually accepts walk-ins, but usually making an appointment is best. There are certain things we can't do, but that's only complicated stuff like losing money in a business.. or other weird things like that.
Go here to learn more.
P.s. I volunteer at 817. S. Freedom, in Provo. (It's the community partnership center)

2 comments:

Bonnie said...

That is really cool! That stuff goes way over my head!

Sarah said...

Wow! I'm really impressed!
I can't even tell you how much I admire you Adrianne! You just go above and beyond.
I'm lucky to be your friend.
Love you!