Tuesday, July 06, 2010

Proof

I have seriously been slacking in the picture department lately, so this is a catch-all post showing the proof that Jed and I have had a bit of summer fun despite school, work, work, and work.

About a month ago, I dragged Jed to the Strawberry Days Festival with me. We were only planning to go to the festival part and walk around, but I only knew where the RODEO was, so that's where I directed Jed. Somehow we waited in line at the ATM, bought tickets, and walked in before realizing what we had done. I was not excited to spend the money, but once we wound our way through the bleachers and found a good seat, we both really enjoyed the rodeo. We saw cowboys tie up calves, milk wild cows (my fav), and ride bucking broncos (i think that's what they're called). It was really exciting for me, and of course I LOVED the strawberries and cream! Yummmmy (Jed doesn't really eat sweets or fruit, hence his sad face... he didn't even try them)!



We also decided to invest in a little grill, and we have definitely gotten our money's worth out of it. We've grilled pork, hamburgers, hot dogs, and chicken. I'm also looking forward to grilling some corn on it this week!



As mentioned in my last post, we went camping a few weekends ago. Jed knew of this campsite in Ophir from his mission, and when we went there they had installed nice little camping spots (with picnic table, fire pit with grill, etc) so it was perfect. We saw deer, cows roaming everywhere, and there was a little stream running through the camp. We were the only ones there, and it was perfect. After we explored, made dinner and smores, and relaxed, Jed and I went in the tent to try to get warm. He was trying to fall asleep, and I was reading The Tie Traveler's Wife (with a flashlight, of course). He was having a hard time, so I asked him if he wanted me to read aloud, and to my surprise he said YES! So I read a little of TTTW to him, and it was one of the sweetest things ever! The only problem was the freezing cold temperatures that rolled in while we were trying to sleep. Also, Jed got a terrible migraine and started feeling really sick, so what did we do? Packed up at 2am and headed home. That was a good idea because then we got to relax the entire next day (which was a friday that we had taken off work). It was a pretty perfect weekend!

Proof that the cows were RIGHT THERE.

Proof that I was, indeed, there.

Also, Jed has been playing on an ultimate frisbee team, and it is really fun to watch! He is awesome, and definitely one of the best players on the team. I just sit with the girlfriends (since Jed and I are like 5 years older than every one else there), and I even take snacks for after all of the games! The boys love it!

And that has been our summer so far! Next week, we are going to WY for FOUR days (bliss), in about a month we are going camping with a big group of Jed's family (including his parents and sibs, YAY!), and we are also planning to go to my family's semi-family reunion in the middle of august... which is also a camping trip. See a trend here?

I love summer so much. the end.

4 comments:

Maggie said...

I was right. You should have done it:

http://maggieleak.blogspot.com/2008/08/im-not-ready.html

Erika said...

Looks like you guys are having fun. Can't wait to see you when you get here! ALso... I'm working on a sewing project if you want to bring one up! I'll tell you about it sometime!:)

Sarah said...

I want to go camping with you.
k.

Jenny said...

we got a grill too and love it. sometime try grilling a potato like baked potatoes but on the grill. i'm going to try grilling pizza this week!