Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Aunthood

I would like to dedicate this post to my 11.5 nephews and 5.5 nieces (the .5s mean babies on the way) Jeffery, Jeremy, Jonathon, Jared, Tyler, Cameron, Trevan, Chamby, Spencer, Carolina, Zack, Cherilyn, Triese, Angelika, Brody, Wyatt, Baby Bench, and Baby McClellan (Yup-- it adds up to 18). I am a VERY proud aunt, loving each of my kiddos with all of my heart. Unfortunately, I don't get to see them all as often as I'd like.. in fact, I only see Jordan's 3 boys, here in UT. The rest are in KS/MO. But I have to say, when I am with my McClellan boys, I am always laughing, always happy, always growing my love for them. Sometimes I wonder how I could ever love my own children as much as I love these kids, but I know that's a crazy thought and it will come automatically with motherhood.
Jed's sister Katie just had a baby girl about a month and a half ago, and I have yet to meet her. Jed's other sister Erika is thrilled to be having a baby girl in Feb, and I just hope I will get to see her often since they live in Wyoming. Jordan, my big sis, is having another baby--her 6th-- in May, and I couldn't be more excited! I've never really been around her kids as babies, just as toddlers and kids... so I am hoping I'll be able to experience more of the newborn phase! I am lucky to have healthy, happy, adorable nieces and nephews, and I am thankful for the joy they bring to my life!

P.S. Thanks sib and sibs-in-law for making them!




2 comments:

Endless Days and Northern Nights said...

Jordan's prego! Woohoo! You're such a good aunt!

Jordan said...

You have more nieces and nephews than me and you are 10 years younger!
Thanks for loving my boys!